Wednesday November 6th, 2013



Blantyre, Malawi C. Africa

Some things that happen in Malawi are funny and some not so funny; this one depends on what side of the door you are on.

I have not been feeling well the past few days as I have been coming down with a cold. A cold is not fun in Pace, Fl so you can guess how much fun it is here in Malawi. Anyway I have been having night sweats due to fever. A few days ago I told Grace I needed a wash cloth, she did not have any she thought I would like to use so she had Rackson buy new.

She gave me the new wash cloths the other day and I have been using them in the morning when I get up sometimes in the shower and sometimes as I bucket wash. While not feeling well I have been paying attention to all my functions as Sheila mentioned parasites like I needed that to worry about. Anyway I had noticed in the morning that I thought I was looking a little yellow around my eyes and my face in general. It went away and then I noticed it again today as I was feeling sort of poorly. To tell the truth I was a little fearful as back in the late 60’s I had Hepatitis and thought I was a goner, spent a loooong time in the Navy Hospital San Diego. I had that same yellow skin cast.

What is the funny part you may be asking? As I was showering this evening I watched in great joy as I was wringing out the soap from my wash cloth how yellow it was. It was a cheap cloth from Patel’s that Rackson bought and the dye was being washed out in each use, now I know why on some days I was turning orange.

If I live through the mystery meat, fever, goat teeth in my food, the thought of parasites and now yellow dye on my wash cloth. I will be home soon and maybe I will have some stories to tell. Some might even be true. Tomorrow bible study at Njuli.

Till later, be good and be safe.

Because of the Cross

Bro. Dusty Miller

No comments: