2010 in review for the Miller family

A Christmas remembrance of 2010

Oh what a year! God is good and He is good always. January was just the continuation of a wonderful event that started in October of 2009. As you all know Rackson Kaiwe, my son in the Gospel and the son of my heart has been with Sheila and me and will be for a few more weeks. When we brought him home from the airport and showed him the room he would be using he said “oh, my room is so beautiful” folks, it was our 3rd bedroom used as a sewing room and catch all (junk) room. In November and December we traveled all over the Southeast region of the good old U.S. and boy did we have a good time. Rackson enjoyed the many, many things we saw and did. A lot of time was spent studying the Old Testament under the teaching of Pastor Wright. The many lessons taught to us by Rackson while at Bible Way Baptist were as valuable as the lessons he learned from Pastor. All in all we are much learned people and God was glorified and His Son was lifted up. January is my birth month and what a great day was had with Sheila and my son, trust me we ate well and had fun for hours, so many things to cram in and time is running out. February was a bitter sweet month as Rackson left on the 13th I believe. We sent him home with a ton of stuff from people who met him and wanted to be a part of his life. Before he left we toured some places, Rock City, Lookout Mountain, Ruby Falls and many other places in Chattanooga and all things in between. Of all the things we did I think we enjoyed the evening at home just talking about whatever. If Rackson wanted for something all he had to do was look at Sheila and say “Mum” and whatever he wanted Sheila would make sure he got it. Rackson left with the promise of support of his mission to serve Christ. He also took many hearts back to Malawi but left a lot of love as a down payment on the future when we will all meet across the river. March was a little bleak both in spirit and weather and so it went for the next few months, staying in touch with Malawi and getting back to work with Bible Way. Sheila and I had a lot of catching up to do both at work for her and at home for me, did I mention I’m retired. As for going back to Malawi anytime soon that is a good news bad news situation. The good news is there is all the money we need for the work, the bad news is that it is still in the pockets of others. In July a little blessing named Stormy blew into our lives literally, we were watching a lightning storm from our porch and this little dog ran up and became the center of our life and home. We also received some sad news from my sister Barbara, Leighton her husband was not doing well and that maybe we should be heading for Portland, Ore. Well that is what we did and I am so glad we did. Leighton passed away within five days of our arrival. Sheila and I got to spend a little time with him in the hospital and hospice. We also were able to renew friendships at the church she and Leighton attended. We took 24 days and did a lot of traveling; we planned to go to Crystal Lake. MI and did so by way of Portland, Russellville, AR., Oakley, KS, Colorado Springs, CO, Green River, WY, La Grange, OR, Missoula, MT, Dickson, ND, Duluth, MN and then home to Pace. We drove a little over 7000 miles and spent many days with friends and relatives and not one bad day of driving. The rest of the year had been taken up with church, fundraising for Rackson and the ministry in Malawi, the Press Ministry, and politics. I tossed my hat in the ring for the Chairmanship of the county party, Republican of course. I let you know how it goes as voting is on the 16th of December. Sheila’s had a good year as far as health goes and I have not done to bad. This last check up showed I have mild diabetes so I start class in a few weeks to learn how to eat. J Other than that life is wonderful. We wish you all the best this Christmas and pray the New Year is as good if not better than the last.

May God bless and keep you. Chuck & Sheila

No comments: