Malawi Ministry



The following e-mail (Cut & Pasted by me) is an update from John Fullford and his ministry in Malawi, I stay with John and his family while I am in Malawi. In my mind his ministry epitomizes what is said in Mark 16:15-16  And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.  (16)  He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. and what Jesus was talking about in Matt. 11:28-30  Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  (29)  Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.  (30)  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. One is the “Great Commission” and Matthew is the “Great Invitation” because we have the invitation from the Lord is why we would want to fulfill the commission. I am pleased to be a friend of John and the Bible Baptist African Ministries as he works with and uses the Bible Way Baptist Ministries along with my son Rackson. So as we all set back and enjoy Christmas in our comfort please keep John, Dave, Joseph and Rackson in your prayers. I have been past but never to the dump and the reason is it is so foul with just the smell I have always covered my face and nose while passing. It is in a word, horrendous. I will tell you this, if I were there I would be humbled to stand with them in holding up Christ as the only hope these people have.   

This is a personal e-mail but I have to share it. Chuck.

Dear Chuck and Harry,

Sounds like an ice cream franchise!  Well, maybe not.
I pray all is well with both of you, your sweethearts, and extended families.  We are doing well and look forward to the upcoming week as we are preparing to take gift bags to both Chiradzulu and Thyolo Boma hospitals.  Our home church gave us $1,200.00 and on Wednesday we are going to put together gift bags that will contain:

Body Soap
Laundry Soap
1 Kg. Sugar
Christmas Color Book
Crayons
John/Romans
Tracts

We are going to put together 400 bags and Lord willing we will have enough.  In the past we have targeted the TB, HIV and children's wards.  We will be going to the hospitals on Saturday the 22nd.  The Mowery family will accompany us and I am sure we will have a good time.  We are praying that the Holy Spirit goes before us to touch hearts.

On Christmas Eve day our family is planning on going to the Blantyre Land fill and give out Christmas gift bags.  I will preach from the back of the lorry a Christmas message and then we will dispense the gift bags;  approximately 200.  I talked with Rackson today and he is going to talk to some policeman friends of his and see if they will accompany us.  Without them it might turn into a real mess with guys jumping into the back and just stealing the gifts.  Rackson will translate, and when I talked to him about the endeavor he thought it was a good idea.  The gift bags for the land fill will contain:

Body Soap
John/Romans
Tracts
Coloring Books
Crayons

Well, after much running around and trying to force the issue, it is clear to me that God is closing the door on having a Bible Institute this coming year.  The stone house rental collapsed, the house I looked at in Bvumbwe was a good house, but I had no peace, and the possibility of having the Institute at the Mowery compound also did not materialise.
We are going forward with translating and typing the curriculum and as of date we have translated:
 THE DOCTRINE OF GOD, THE TRINITY
THE DOCTRINE OF JESUS CHRIST
THE DOCTRINE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
THE DOCTRINE OF SALVATION

We are currently working on the Doctrine of the Bible.  We will continue this project.

I talked with Rackson and Joseph last week just to encourage them.  Joseph has asked me several times to please come up to Ntcheu and teach the pastors and just encourage them.  I have made the commitment to Joseph to come up in January and spend two days with the pastors.  I continually tell Joseph to keep his focus on God, and not man.  I believe Joseph needs to not put value on temporal things.  We have had some good talks, and I am praying God will do something only He can do to smooth out this less than God honoring situation.

Dave Mowery and I go to Njuli every Thursday and teach.  We are having a great time, and Rackson has been using the lorrie to take over 20 people several times up to Mbulubuzi to go soul winning.

I pray both of you, and your families have a blessed Christmas!

Your Brother in Christ,

John

No comments: